We love our community, local and global: the communities in which we operate and the people who count on us day in, day out (the ones for whom we open at 6 a.m. – yep, you read that right); our community of staff; our community of local and regional suppliers; and last but never least, our planet.
That's why we:
- provide space as local CSA (community supported agriculture) drop spots
- donate to community causes, including local food banks and homeless shelters
- exhibit local artists each month in our cafés
- pay for up to 20 hours of volunteer time per year to hourly staff members
- give paid time off to managers to serve on local boards
- offer our cafés to clubs and nonprofit groups
better to give than to receive
- Instrumental in securing a $30,000 grant for Hillside Springs High Hoop Greenhouse
- Provided food for a weekend gathering of Waldorf school students and guests from seven New England Waldorf schools
- Walk-in cooler donated to one of our Vermont CSAs
good works community sponsorships
Concord high school Nordic team skier, sponsored by The Works
- Race for the Cure
- Girls on the Run
- Yoga Day USA, a major fundraiser for a local HCRS agency
- Strolling of the Heifers and Slow Living Summit, supporting family farms by connecting people with local healthy food
- Five Rivers Conservation Trust and Green Concord
- Concord High School Nordic team
- Other corporate sponsorships include American Heart Association events throughout New England; public radio fund drives and local athletic programs, clubs and teams.
food for those in need
Do you have a non-profit charity organization that could benefit from food from The Works Bakery Café? Let us know by filling out the form below.
product form pdf